This is a selection of the feedback we have received over the past year. We always appreciate your reviews so we can learn and improve our holidays for you. If you would like to leave a review, please follow the links to Tripadvisor or Google Reviews.
In response to the question “what were your holiday highlights.”
- This was my first time on a group holiday and I was quite anxious about it. But meeting everyone for the first time, I was amazed how quickly we got chatting. This down to our lovely guide Pam who put us all at ease. And helped along by the welcome drink/meal on the first night, which was a thoughtful touch and much appreciated.
- Reconnecting with Pam, meeting, getting to know and walking with new, interesting group of women, Lit and Phil library, Coal Miner café, Ouseburn walk (esp mini paddle boat!), Biscuit factory, Pam’s history walk, guided walk – all enjoyable and interesting – eateries, Turkish and BeatBoat esp. Quiz fun! Sitting out by river – hotel setting fab. Good to meet Ginny (Joint Owner) – your engagement with group was appreciated and very commendable!
- Bridget was the perfect guide – knowledgeable and considerate of all the participants needs and abilities. Although I struggled in parts, I was never left behind or made to feel like I was slowing the group down. This meant I pushed myself and was able to appreciate the achievements during the week
- I loved the mutual support and camaraderie within the group. The bonus lake swims were a real highlight also. I think Claudia was central to the success of our holiday. She is so knowledgeable and inspired confidence in a very understated way
- The beautiful routes chosen through non-touristy parts of Switzerland. Visit to cheese makers
- Meeting up with wonderful gay women, on my first Lesbian only holiday. Being able to be me 😘 no explanations.
- Exploring beautiful Guernsey in a way that I wouldn’t normally have done on my own. I especially enjoyed Sark and Herm. Meeting some friendly and interesting fellow walkers who helped make the week relaxed and enjoyable. The hotel was very good – great location, nice food and the staff were very accommodating. The organisation and communication beforehand were excellent. I got the feeling that Sara and Ginny were personally involved and put a lot of effort into ensuring that no stone was left unturned to ensure we had a good holiday.
- Finding my mountain walking legs again! Getting to know a beautiful area safely, I shall be going back for some solo walking.
- Debbie was an excellent walk leader – knowledgeable, friendly, patient, approachable – and great company too. Huge thanks to Debbie for all of the work she put into planning and leading our walks in the Mourne Mountains. The Kilmorey Arms Hotel in Kilkeel was outstanding – really lovely, comfortable rooms, great service and fabulous food. The latter point was particularly important as we ended up eating at the hotel every evening, so the high quality of the food and the appealing and varied menu were very welcome!
- I cannot think of anything that could have made it better. The hotel was fantastic. Our guide, Victoria, very knowledgeable in what she does and about the surroundings, always helpful and very generous, too. A warm welcome at the airport in Malaga. Also all the friendly taxi drivers (!!) and the stunning hotel staff, always with a smile .. thank you for all.