Terms and Conditions
The price for your holiday includes a programme of walks, an experienced guide and accommodation. Our UK holidays are usually on a bed and breakfast basis with packed lunches included and a welcome dinner on the first night (not including drinks). Some UK holidays are fully inclusive of all meals either at the hotel or at local restaurants. Our overseas holidays do not always include a packed lunch as holidays might include lunches in restaurants or self made packed lunches from breakfast or from shops locally. Transfers to and from the local airport are usually included on overseas holidays.
Full details of what is included is included on each holiday’s information page and in the information pack which is sent out to you prior to your departure..
We pay all our guides proper wages based on industry standards. We are committed to supporting women to train, develop and have a career as a guide. This is a wonderful lifestyle profession but currently there are a minority of women guides. We support addressing this. We also support local economies by working with local partners, local guides and local women run businesses. All holidays include an experienced guide and sometimes an additional WalkingWomen support/representative where required. All detail is on our website holiday summary page and provided in your pre holiday information pack. Any questions just ask us.
We do not penalise those travelling alone by charging a single booking supplement. Each customer is paying for the same experience and can enjoy single occupancy at no supplement. All accommodation offers ensuite bathrooms The only time this is not the case is where we are hiking in remote areas, on safari or staying in mountain huts.
We aim to have the same rooms available for single occupancy, and those choosing to share in a twin or double room. This is not always possible as we use small hotels, but it will be clear what you can expect in the booking information. Types of rooms available are in each holiday’s information details. Please note, advertised accommodation may be subject to change by our accommodation partners but we do our utmost to avoid this.
We have a range of discounts available and these will be indicated where applicable, before the final confirmation and payment. We are available on the phone to discuss any questions.
Please note that your booking is provisional until we confirm we have received your deposit payment.
- A non refundable deposit of £200 is required to secure your booking. The deposit is up to 25% of the holiday on some of our international holidays over £1,500 due to costs to our partners to confirm the trip. ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON – REFUNDABLE if you cancel your booking.
- The BALANCE of the holiday cost should reach us 10 weeks before the holiday starts. We will send a reminder the week before. Please pay your balance promptly. Do contact us with any problems you might have.
How to pay:
- Online Via Stripe (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover & Diners, Japan Credit Bureau (JCB) China Union Pay (CUP)). This is our preferred method.
- BY BANK TRANSFER
WalkingWomen (2021) Limited (Starling Bank)
Sort Code: 608371
Account number: 47920148
(Please give your name as the reference)
For international payments pay online via Stripe or transfer using:IBAN GB11SRLG60837147920148
If you are sending payment from outside the UK please check with your bank to ensure we receive the correct amount into our account. Your bank may charge fees.
Adequate travel insurance is mandatory for all our overseas holidays and is a condition of booking. You must provide us with the name of your insurance and your policy number. It must cover you for the duration of your trip. We do not check the detail but expect you to have adequate cover – we recommend you carry your insurance information with you.
Your insurance for overseas travel must cover as a minimum: medical expenses,personal injury,illness,death,repatriation,personal accident, mountain rescue (where the holiday is in the mountains) If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover we will not be liable for any losses.
On mountain holidays: our guides may make a decision, without consultation,to call for mountain rescue. All costs including any additional hotels and expenses are to be covered by you. We will help with any evidence required for insurance companies.
We do recommend protection in case you are ill or have to cancel for other reasons, even on UK holidays.
If you are still looking for travel insurance, try Emerald Life, a company that works to ensure equality in insurance for women and the LGBT community, and regularly wins awards for their advocacy work. For single, couples and groups all over the world, with medical coverage for walking and more extreme pursuits.
If you are travelling from a country outside the UK we have used World Nomad Insurance https://www.worldnomads.com/row/travel-insurance.
We are always open to discuss difficulties you may have if your circumstances change and you can no longer go on your booked holiday – so please call us on 01784 664063. In many cases your insurance will cover cancellation.
Our minimum numbers for holidays to go ahead is usually 4 women. But sometimes we will go ahead with smaller numbers. If numbers are low we will discuss this with you 6 weeks prior to the holiday. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your holiday we will refund your money or transfer it to another trip of your choice.
- If you cancel your trip we will not be able to refund your deposit as this covers costs we have already incurred. If you cancel your trip after you have paid your full balance we may be able to move you to another holiday. An admin fee will be charged.. We are of course happy to provide any details required by your insurance company and will always discuss options with you.
- We cannot adjust the basic price of the holiday if you arrive late, have to leave early, or if you decide not to walk on one or more of the days. With our overseas holidays, we cannot accept responsibility if you miss your flight.
- We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or change an advertised walk for reasons of safety, or to change the advertised guide. The decision of the WalkingWomen guide running the holiday has to be final in matters of safety, route choice, inclusion of dogs other than Assistance dogs, and questions as to the composition of the walking group (e.g. if you have chosen a grade that is well beyond your capability.) We expect customers to take responsibility for having the required fitness for the walk they choose. Our guidance is there to assist.
- If you have to leave a holiday early due to illness or physical or mental health reasons we will work with you to provide you as much information as we can to support your insurance claim. You will usually need a Doctors certificate and evidence of what you have spent. It is essential you have Travel Insurance to protect you.
- In an emergency we will work with you to get you home. We will take guidance from our local partners on deciding the best course of action.
- We have endeavoured to make sure that the contents of this website are correct at the time of going to print. However, we reserve the right to make changes to holiday details should it become necessary. Sometimes our partners increase prices after we have advertised the holiday and we need to change the price on our website. We will not increase prices for customers already booked. If WalkingWomen cancels the holiday you’ve booked, we will refund all the money you have paid to us.
- Tipping Guides is often asked about. Tipping is down to the discretion of each individual. Although our guides in are in a paid role and there is no compulsion to tip guides there is sometimes a cultural expectation (especially on overseas holidays) and some guests do like to show their appreciation to those guides that go ‘over and above’. This is entirely at you discretion.
We look forward to having you walk with us.