Autumn is a time of transformation, marking a transition from the vibrancy of summer to the contemplation of winter. The shifting hues of the landscape and the crispness in the air make it an ideal season for walking, offering a unique and enriching experience. This year, WalkingWomen is already experiencing this transformative season as we have a full late September/October programme of holidays and we are walking and experiencing the changing landscapes. We would love to share this with you if you can join us. Or we would love to hear from you and see photos of your changing landscape and maybe ideas for future seasonal holidays.
Walking, as a form of exploration and freedom, gains a different dimension in autumn. The interaction with the changing environment allows for an array of sensory experiences and reflective moments. It is in this season that the underlying rhythms of the earth are more perceptible, providing a deeper connection to nature’s cycles. WalkingWomen is committed to giving our walking women a chance to explore this connection, build meaningful relationships, and experience rejuvenation through walking in the varied and beautiful autumn landscapes.
You can walk with us or try your own walks …
- Engage the Senses: Immerse yourself in the sensory tapestry of autumn, feeling the crunch of leaves beneath your feet, breathing in the rich, earthy scents, and observing the myriad of colours in the foliage. Each step becomes a grounding experience, a reminder of nature’s cycles and our place within them.
- Explore New Trails: Venture into lesser-known paths to discover the hidden gems of the season. Whether it’s a secluded woodland or a serene lakeside, the unexplored terrains bring fresh perspectives and a sense of adventure.
- Photographic Journey:** Capture the transient beauty of autumn with photography. A camera or a smartphone becomes a tool for exploring details, patterns, and light, allowing us to witness the world with a mindful eye and hold on to those fleeting moments. Please do share with us .
- Group Walks: The group adventures offered by WalkingWomen allow participants to share experiences, stories, and reflections, creating a space for mutual support and camaraderie. Engaging in conversations during the walks fosters a sense of community and shared joy.
- Local Interaction: While exploring, interacting with locals provides an opportunity to understand diverse lifestyles and customs. Sharing and learning from local communities enrich the journey, adding depth to our exploration and enhancing our global perspective.
- Shared Silence: Embrace moments of collective silence to deeply connect with fellow walkers and the environment. These pauses are a gateway to mutual understanding and shared mindfulness, creating a harmonious connection between individuals and nature.
- Mindful Walking: Approach every walk as a moving meditation, paying attention to each step each breath. This practice allows for deeper introspection, helping to clear the mind, reduce stress, and rejuvenate the spirit.
- Reflective Journaling: Carry a journal to note thoughts, feelings, and observations during the walks. This habit nurtures self-awareness and provides a space to process experiences, bringing clarity and emotional release.
- Nature Sketching: Bring along a sketchbook and pencils or watercolours. Sketching the scenery fosters a profound connection with the environment, allowing for a deeper appreciation of nature’s beauty and diversity and serving as a creative outlet for emotions.
We hope you, like us, can embrace the opportunities autumn presents, walking through its vibrant landscapes, connecting with friends as you walk and feeling revived.
Let’s enhance our autumnal experiences by exploring, connecting, and rejuvenating our spirits with WalkingWomen!