We recently asked some of our WalkingWomen guests what essential items they would bring with them on a WalkingWomen holiday.
After much debate, they agreed that the top 6 items were a lunch box, a foam sit mat, wax wraps, adapters, pain relief and moisturiser!
Our walking holidays are a great way to explore a new destination with a guide who knows the area whilst you can focus on connecting with other women and getting out into nature to walk and talk. But before you start your adventure, let’s look at those recommended travel essentials.
Walking Women travel essentials
- A lunch box: This is a must-have as most of our walks involve a picnic stop. Sandwiches and snacks will often be provided to keep you going during your walk, and a sturdy lunch box guarantees you won’t be eating squished, soggy sandwiches when you do stop for lunch. We rather like the metal options that tend to be rather more eco-friendly than the plastic versions.
- A foam sit pad: This is perfect for taking a break during your walk. They are insulated and waterproof, so you are protected when sitting on the ground. After all, no one likes a wet bum! Especially essential on our snowy walks.
- Wax wraps:are ideal for keeping your food fresh during your walk. They’re also reusable, so you can save money and help the environment at the same time!
- Adapters:This is obvious, but often, people forget or bring the wrong ones. If you’re travelling to a different country, make sure you pack adapters for your electronic devices. This way, you can still use your phone or camera to take photos and videos of your holiday.
- Pain relief: Walking can be tough on your feet and knees, so it’s always a good idea to pack some pain relief just in case. Ibuprofen or paracetamol can help to ease any aches and pains you may have.
- Moisturiser: This is essential for keeping your skin hydrated during your walk. Choose a light, refreshing moisturiser to keep your skin feeling soft and smooth.
So there you have it, the top 6 travel essentials recommended by women for women. Make sure you pack these items before you set off on your next adventure!
Let us know what your travel essentials are.