Tue 6th February 2024
- Mon 12th February 2024
We love creating holidays full of adventure and new experiences, This trip to experience Arctic Norway came about when a guest this year said 2024 is the best time to see the Northern Lights and we researched the exact dates. We hope we will see them as we stay right on the sea with clear views to the sky but of course they are never quaranteed. Whether we do or we don’t this is a trip of a lifetime and we will certainly have a great time exploring this unique, magical Arctic Norway together. This holiday is now fully booked but you can register interest and reserve yourself a space for 2025.
Date: Tuesday Feb 6th to Monday Feb 12th 2024
Guide: Our local guide plus some of the WalkingWomen team
Walking Grade: 1 Goat as this is an experience to discover Arctic Norway and we hope see the Northern Lights. It will be gentle walking and exploring. It will be cold so thermals required. We can always buy the fabulous Norwegian jumpers!
Base: We will stay in Oslo at the Thon Hotel Opera close to the central station, The Northern Lights Apartments in Mefjord Brygge and the Thon hotel in Tromso.
The hotel in Mefjord Brygge is right on the sea giving clear views over the water. It is traditional Arctic Norway style accommodation and we have the house with own rooms and shared bathrooms. There is a living room for group gatherings with wifi.
Arrivals: Fly to Oslo to arrive around 14.00 on Tuesday Feb 6th
Departures: Return from Oslo after 16.30 on Monday Feb 12th. Your internal flight from Tromso lands at Oslo Gardermoen at 15.30 so allow at least 1 hour before your next flight.
It is possible to travel overland and we are available to discuss overland routes.
Price: £2,200 per person for this special holiday solo occupancy to include:
- 1 night at Thon Hotel Opera in Oslo including breakfast
- Internal Flight Return Oslo to Tromso ( we will need all your passport details as you book)
- 3 nights at Mefjord Brygge including :
- Transfer Finnsnes / Lysnes round trip transfer to Mefjord Brygge
- Private accommodation in hotel room or apartment – bathrooms are shared for our group
- Full-board (breakfast, lunch and two-course dinner)
- Experienced English-speaking guide local guide
- Guided activities (daytime & nighttime)
- Use of sauna in free time
- Express boat from Tromsø to Finnsnes and return nights
- 2 nights accommodation at Thon Hotel Tromsø or the Quality Saga Hotel incl breakfast.
- Guiding throughout the trip
- Travel to Oslo
- Travel Oslo Airport to the Thon Hotel Opera
- Meals in Oslo and Tromso
- Any activities not mentioned above
There is £100 discount for sharing. Total price per person £2,100
We will start in Oslo and travel further north to Mefjord Brygge which is in the heart of nature and where we hope we have the best chance to see the northern lights. It is a small village with expansive skies and we stay by the sea. Mefjord Brygge is located on the outer part of Senja, surrounded by stunning mountains and fjords in the old fishing village Mefjordvær with local life going on.
Some highlights of this trip:
- A chance to explore Norway’s capital city Oslo
- Being in the Norwegian Arctic
- A trip on a cable car in Tromso if the weather is good
- 3 nights in the small fishing village of Mefjord Brygge with comfortable hotel rooms or apartments by the sea
- Guided-activities in the mornings and/or evenings giving you a taste of Norway
- Full-board dining in Salteriet, Mefjord Brygge a signature maritime style restaurant serving traditional Norwegian food
- Discover best vantage points and learn some of the secrets of the Northern Lights from professional guides
- Admire the beauty of Aurora Borealis reflected in the sea and with mountains in the foreground while visiting some remote spots. WE HOPE !
- A chance to take excellent photographs of Arctic colours just a short walk beyond the village limits
- See Northern Lights directly outside your accommodation if sky is clear
- Most importantly: you will return home with life-lasting memories and stories to tell!
Find out more about this remote area www.mefjordbrygge.no
Itinerary may change depending on the weather and at the discretion of the guide. Your guide will discuss the next days activities with you each evening and in the morning as things may change overnight with the varied weather in the Artic.
Day 1 Feb 6th: Arrive in Oslo – evening together in Oslo.
Day 2 Feb 7th: Travel to Mefjord Brygge. Flight Oslo to Tromso is 1hr 45 minutes. From Tromso Airport we take a shuttle bus to Tromso City Centre (20 minutes) and from there an Express Boat from Tromso to Finnsnes leaving 16.15 and arriving Finnsnes at 17.35. We will then be picked up and it is 1 hour to Mefjord Brygge.
Times may change depending on the weather.
Day 3 – 6 ( Feb 7th to 10th )Mefjord Brygge for 3 nights with guided activities
Day 6 – 7 ( Feb 10th and 11th ) Tromso with guided activities
Day 6 : Return to Tromso leaving Finnsnes at 09.45am
Day 7: Day to explore Tromso together
Day 8 Feb 12th – Departure to Oslo arriving at Oslo Gardermoen Airport at 15.25 so book flights home after 16.30 or stay another night in Oslo